- Cheapest VPN in the market, cost-effective, the most affordable monthly fee without only US$2.49 monthly fee
- 30-day free trial, you can get a refund if you are not satisfied
- Use VPN to watch live sports events for free and watch Netflix across regions
- The best VPN rewarded by the Consumer Council of Hong Kong, the best VPN speed in the U.S. authoritative website CNET 2021
- Headquartered in the British Virgin Islands, safe and reliable
- Free from adware, trackers, malware and phishing attempts
- Encrypt Internet traffic and direct it through VPN tunnels, hide your IP address, and shield your private data from third parties. Activities and sensitive data will not be leaked
- Support multiple platforms, iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS, etc. are all supported
- VPN connection speed is slightly unstable compared to high-end brands such as NordVPN
SurfShark implements a 100% RAM-Only Server caching VPN server to ensure that data will not be permanently stored. With more than 3,200 servers and the latest WireGuard2.0 VPN protocol installed on all servers, SurfShark outperformed Nord VPN and ExpressVPN in the recent U.S. authoritative website CNET 2021 best VPN speed test .
For Hong Kong users, after the implementation of the Hong Kong National Security Law, VPN search volume has increased by a hundredfold. If you are worried that Internet providers and the Hong Kong government may collect sensitive personal data or other information, VPN will be your best choice! People in other regions or countries, if you are worried about your information leakage, please use a VPN.
Of course, VPNs can also allow you to switch between different countries or regions to watch regionally restricted streaming videos and on-demand program content
FREE VPN VS PAID VPN
|Classification (monthly fee)||VPN representative||Functional advantages||Functional shortcomings||Applicable users|
|Expensive VPN (> US$3)||NordVPN||High speed stability, high safety, and more power||High-risk users, pursuing stable streaming users|
|Cheap VPN (< US$3)||Surfshark VPN||High cost performance, high safety||Speed stability is average||General user|
|Free VPN (FREE)||No need to spend any money||Poor speed stability, may contain advertisements or ad programs, and low security||Try VPN|
SURFSHARK VPN CONSUMER COUNCIL TEST FULL SCORE
The Consumer Council of Hong Kong 2020 tested the speed and functional performance of 20 VPN services, 14 of which are paid VPNs, with an average monthly fee ranging from approximately RMB 19 to RMB 65. The tests were conducted with Windows computers, Mac computers, iPhones and Android phones to test the Internet speed, functions and ease of use of VPNs, as well as the privacy and security terms of each VPN. SurfShark VPN compares paid version VPN, SurfShark VPN download speed performance is better, up to 5 points (that is, full score).
- Average speed loss: The speed loss in the CNET test in 2020 is 53%
- Number of servers: 3,200+
- Number of server locations: 65 countries
- Optional static IP address available
SECURITY AND PRIVACY
Headquarters: British Virgin Islands
Encryption: AES-256-GCM, RSA-2048, perfect forward secrecy
No leak detected
Including Kill Switch
Kill Switch is an advanced security measure that prevents your data from leaking on the Internet. Kill Switch continuously monitors your connection to the VPN server. If the VPN connection is interrupted unexpectedly, Kill Switch will prevent your device from going online (or accessing specific applications). VPN encrypts your Internet traffic and directs it through the VPN tunnel, hides your IP address, and shields your private data from third parties. Your activities and sensitive data will never be leaked.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ALWAYS TURNING ON THE KILL SWITCH?
If you are a political activist, journalist or blogger living and working in a country ruled by a totalitarian government, your freedom and personal safety may depend on keeping your online activities confidential. If you have to deal with sensitive or confidential information at work, make sure to encrypt it every time. Kill Switch is the best way to protect yourself from data leaks and accidental connection interruptions.
Free from adware, trackers, malware and phishing attempts
HIDE REAL IP
After concealing the real IP address (IP Address), your online identity cannot be traced from it, thus effectively protecting privacy.
Surfshark VPN uses IKEv2/IPsec protocol by default. You can still choose to use OpenVPN according to your wishes.
- Usability: intuitive and fresh
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TV
Specification: Surfshark VPN